Determined to give all children access to specialized pediatric care, Shriners International opened their first hospital in Shreveport, La., in 1922. Polio was reaching epidemic proportions and only families of means had ready access to doctors, leaving thousands of children at risk without health care. Shriners Hospitals for Children opened as a place where children suffering from the crippling effects of polio, clubfoot and other orthopaedic conditions could receive life-changing medical care.
Shriners Hospitals for Children-Twin Cities opened in 1923. Of the now 22-hospital system, the Twin Cities facility was the third site developed.
If you’re seeking a well-established children’s hospital that specializes in orthopaedic care, look no further than Shriners Hospitals for Children — Twin Cities. They deliver the highest quality care to children with orthopaedic conditions. From foot, ankle and hand disorders to rheumatology and specialized plastic surgery, we are proud to support the premier kids’ hospital that parents trust to treat a diverse array of orthopaedic issues.
To learn more:
- Shriners Hospitals for Children Official Website
- Shriners Hospitals for Children-Twin Cities Official Website
- Patient Referral
- Contribute Funds to Shriners Hospitals
Womens General Auxiliary:
- Works to provide a loving and supportive environment for children and their families while they receive treatment at the hospital
- Its staff, comprised completely of volunteers, provides wheelchairs, clothing, toiletries, comfort items and toys for patients
- Click here to learn more
Shriners Hospitals for Children-Twin Cities 2025 E River Pkwy, Minneapolis, MN 55414